Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Creamy Crockpot Chicken and Broccoli Over Rice


Creamy Crockpot Chicken and Broccoli Over Rice


So today my daughter helped me make dinner, that we of course got off of Pinterest. If you know me at all, I am absolutely in love with that site. I find so many awesome things on there. My family does sometimes benefit from the ideas I get off the website.

This recipe came from Picky Palette. I want to give them all the credit. The only thing I changed was no cheddar cheese on the finished product. It was creamy enough and yummy enough, that I saved myself some extra calories. 

Boy was this yummy!

Here is the recipe. 


Creamy Crockpot Chicken and Broccoli Over Rice
3-4 boneless chicken breasts
1 14oz can cream of chicken soup
1 14 oz can cheddar soup
1 14 oz can chicken broth
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon Cajun seasoning (I used Emeril’s brand)
¼ teaspoon garlic salt seasoning (Lawrys)
1 Cup sour cream
6 Cups broccoli florets, lightly steamed, just fork tender ( I cook it in boiling water for 3-4 minutes)
1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese

1. Place soups, chicken broth, salt, Cajun and garlic seasoning into a crockpot over low heat. Whisk until smooth. Place chicken in, pressing to the bottom. Cover lid and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
2. When chicken is cooked, use 2 forks to shred into bite size pieces. Stir in sour cream and broccoli.
3. Serve over steamed rice and sprinkle with cheese.
4-6 servings

It took exactly 6 hours on low. And the chicken just falls apart.
I used frozen broccoli that I steamed real quick in boiling water. Then added it to the crockpot with the sour cream, on high for ten minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment