Friday, February 20, 2015


Roasted Cauliflower

Hi everyone. It's been a while. Since I got my current job, I haven't really had much free time to update my blogs. And I love blogging about food. It's a feel good subject to talk about. Food makes people happy, sometimes it makes you remember things that occurred, giving you a sense of nostalgia. And that's what I love about it, it's memory triggering abilities. Like my grandmother's meatballs, when I make them, I am instantly transported back to when I was a little girl, and my grandmother would spend all day making meatballs. Then she would make the pasta I liked, which was not spaghetti noodles, I wouldn't eat those, I would only eat rigatoni. And oh how I loved her pasta. She would leave some meatballs out of the sauce just for me (I was a difficult child and didn't want them combined). She would put them in a bowl and I knew those were just for me. My grandmother would tie a apron of hers around my neck before I ate, because I would make a mess. Then we would dig in. Now that she is gone, and all I have are memories of her, and I miss her so much.

So I made roasted cauliflower for dinner last night as one of our sides. My family is not a huge fan of cauliflower, myself included. But the way I cooked it, it was delicious. I am definitely going to make it again.

Roasted Cauliflower Recipe:

One head of cauliflower
2 tbsp. Garlic - minced
4 tbsp. Olive Oil
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Black Pepper

1. Take the head of cauliflower and cut off the florets, separating them to what size you think is small enough. I made mine about medium size.
2. Take a Tupperware® bowl with a lid, add in the olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Then add the florets and put the top on the bowl. Give it a couple good shakes so the cauliflower gets coated in the mixture.
3. Spread it out on a baking sheet.
4. Cook at 350° for 20 minutes or until brown.  Stirring a couple times to get all sides brown. If it's not dark enough for you, turn up the heat to 385°.

It's a really good side dish and good for you.

Thank you for checking out my blog today. Hopefully soon I will have more awesome recipes to share.

Image result for tina signature


No comments:

Post a Comment