Wednesday, January 23, 2013

New Food Blog

Hello,
before I start let me tell you a little about why I started this blog and a little about myself.
I started this blog because I am addicted to Pinterest and all the wonderful recipes on there. And some of my coworkers are loving the food I bring in, not to mention my family is really benefiting from all of food that I try out at home.
So I decided to make a blog and put all of my wonderful food finds in one place. That way everyone can enjoy it. And I have already tried them! That's the best part!
About me - I am a married, mother of two teenagers, that are very picky and very hungry. I like to make different recipes because they get bored really quick. Funny thing though, since I started cooking recipes that I researched a little, my daughter actually asked me to start cooking bad, she says my food is too good and she will gain weight if I keep cooking like I have been. Ha! That is a great compliment. I never thought I would hear that from my kids. Even my son says that the thing he will miss the most while in the Marines, is my cooking. And he will be happy to come home to eat. Man, I love my kids!
So let's bring on the recipes.

I made this for dinner last night and let me tell you, it was a huge hit.

Sloppy Joe Squares Recipe
Courtesy of Betty Crocker
Sloppy Joes with crescent roll!!!


Ingredients
1 lb of lean beef (80% at least) (you can use ground chicken or turkey instead)
1 can of sloppy joe sauce
2 cans of crescent rolls
cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
tablespoon sesame seed (I omitted this part)
1 can of corn (I added this part, use any veggie you like)

Step 1
Heat oven to 350°F. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in sauce. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.

Step 2
Unroll 1 can of the dough; place in greased 13 x 9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Press in bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of dish. Spread beef mixture over dough; sprinkle with cheese. Unroll second can of dough; place over cheese. Sprinkle with sesame seed.

Step 3
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and dough is golden brown. Cut into squares to serve.

This recipe is so good. If you love sloppy joes and I know most husband's and kids do, then this is an easy recipe that takes that dish and gives it a good twist. 

I added the corn so that my kids get some veggies in there (and yes I know corn isn't technically a veggie). I also omitted the sesame seeds because we aren't very fond of them. You can play with certain recipes and have fun with them, without ruining the outcome.

I hope you like this if you decide to make it. I have to say, I am not a big fan or sloppy joe's but this made it so much better.










No comments:

Post a Comment